- The crowd watching the boxing match in Rocky 4. (they eventually came around)
- According to canadian band “Crash Test Dummies”, there once was a girl who didnʼt want to change with the girls in the change room. It was a change room for crying out loud. just change!
- The Alpha Betaʼs in “Revenge of the Nerds”. The Tri-Lams are people to, Heilig…you geek hating, locker stufﬁng jock!
- Racists (just saying)
- People against adding a 3 point line to Basketball Courts. Mark, What would we have done? We wouldnʼt have been basketball players, thatʼs for sure.
You know who did want change?
- The group of musicians and celebrities who sang the hit song “We are the World”.
- Our forefathers
- Oprah likes change so much, sheʼs wanted to change her eating habits and her weight at least 23 times.
- Martin Luther King (just saying)
- Kevin Baconʼs character proved to that small town in “Footloose” that there indeed was a time to dance! He couldʼve done it without the angry, half drunk gymnastics display in front of no one…but he still fought for change.
Which group do you want to fall in? I like the new glasses on Joe Maddon, as long as theyʼre letting him see what he needs to see to manage this ball club. Sure, the Buddy Holly Frames were his thing. People were starting to recognize him by those glasses, but maybe thatʼs why he ditched them. He sees people getting pigeon-holed by their eyewear, and maybe he wants out. Donʼt you think Harry Potter would like to change his specs from time to time? Wouldnʼt Waldo be tougher to ﬁnd if he didnʼt have those same glasses on in every picture? Donʼt you think the Monopoly Man gets tired of slightly squinting one eye just to keep his monocle in place? I bet even The Max from “Saved By The Bell” wishes he could make his glasses disappear.(I only put that one in for the picture of me last halloween).
I liked the Buddy Holly Glasses, but as soon as I found out they were Hugo Boss brand with a model name “Yankee,” I knew they had to go. And frankly, Iʼm surprised he even brought those foul named frames into our city and clubhouse.
Thereʼs been a lot going on in our world lately. In politics, in sports, I think theyʼre thinking of syndicating “Perfect Strangers.” Lots of stuff happening. But Joe Maddonʼs glasses…now thatʼs change I can believe in.